HLB Jivanjee and Company HLB Jivanjee and Company
Out Philosophy
Assist to Foreign Company
Business in U.A.E
Contact Us
Quick Contact
Tel: +971-2-6444686
Cell: +971-50-6175376
Fax: +971-2-6444755

What We Do

HLB Jivanjee and Company provide their clients with a comprehensive range of business and financial services in addition to the audit, accounting and computer accounting services that are central to our practice.

HLB Jivanjee and Company
Jivanjee & Company
  UAE Free Zones  
Free Zone Web Site Contact Information
Jivanjee & Company
Jebel Ali Free Zone http://www.jafza.co.ae Tel: 04 8812222
Jivanjee & Company
Dubai Airport Free Zone http://www.dubaiairportfreezone.com Tel: 04 2995555
Jivanjee & Company
Dubai Internet City http://www.dubaimediacity.com Tel: 04 3994400
Jivanjee & Company
Dubai Media City http://www.dubaiinternetcity.com Tel: 04 3911111
Jivanjee & Company
Hamriyah Free Zone (Sharjah) http://www.hamriyahfz.com Tel: 06 5263333
Jivanjee & Company
Ajman Free Zone http://www.ajmanfreezone.gov.ae Tel: 06 7425444
Jivanjee & Company
Umm al-Qaiwain Free Zone N/A N/A
Jivanjee & Company
Fujairah Free Zone http://www.fujairahfreezone.com Tel: 09 2228000
Jivanjee & Company
Ras al-Khaimah Free Zone http://www.rakiftz.com Tel: 07 2280859
Jivanjee & Company
Sharjah Airport International Free Zone http://www.saif-zone.com Tel: (06 5570000)

Establishing a business entity in one of the UAE 12 Free Trade Zones (FTZs) can be an attractive option for foreign investors. To date the free zones have been successful in attracting a large number of companies and foreign direct investment, as well as expanding net non-oil exports. The major advantage in setting up in a free zone is that you are entitled to:

  • 100 per cent foreign ownership of the enterprise
  • 100 per cent import and export tax exemptions
  • 100 per cent repatriation of capital and profits
  • No corporate taxes for 15 years, renewable for an additional 15 years
  • No personal income taxes
  • Assistance with labour recruitment, and additional support services, such as sponsorship and housing.
An independent Free Zone Authority (FZA) governs each free zone, and is the agency responsible for issuing FTZ operating licences and assisting companies with establishing their business in the FTZ. Investors can either register a new company in the form of a Free Zone Establishment (FZE) or simply establish a branch or representative office of their existing or parent company based within the UAE or abroad.

An FZE is a limited liability company governed by the rules and regulations of the Free Zone in which it is established. Under Federal Law No. 15 of 1998, except for acquiring nationality in the UAE, the provisions of the CCL do not apply to FZEs, provided that the Free Zones have special provisions regulating such companies.

Free Trade Zone Licences

Once a legal presence has been established in the Free Zone, the business will need to lease premises or land and acquire an operating licence from the FZA. Different types of licences apply in the different types of free zone, however, in general companies with trade and industrial licences can only conduct business within the Free Zone or abroad. To sell their products in the UAE, a UAE official agent is required. Services and products can be obtained from and within the UAE without an agent. Other types of licence available are service licences ( e.g. banking, insurance, air shipment etc) and national industrial licences. For the former the services offered must be the same as those stipulated in the parent company’s licence in the UAE or abroad. The share capital of a company applying for a national industrial licence must be at least 51 per cent GCC and 40 per cent of the sale value of the product must be value-added. These licences can be renewed annually as long as a lease agreement is in force with the FTZ.

Procedures for setting up a company in the Free Trade Zone

The procedures for establishing a business in a Free Trade Zone are usually very straightforward and can be completed in a short space of time, especially if there are no environmental issues involved. You must first fill out a questionnaire from the relevant Free Zone Authority which will assist in assessing your company's requirements. Having submitted the questionnaire, you will be given a licence application, planning documents, and a consumer request for electricity. Provisional approval is given along with a specimen lease agreement. After the company representative and the authority have met and finalized details of the project, the actual documents, which will include company or personal details, are speedily processed. Check with the individual free zones for more information about their specific requirements.

  © copyright HLB Jivanjee & Company, 2008 | All Rights Reserved